Sunday, December 9, 2012

Post 6 - Works Exhibited

"Ocean Magic"

 11h x 14w
Acrylic on canvas dtd. 2008 


Artist


Jill Segal, award winning Canadian Artist, teaches classes in watercolour and acrylic painting from her studio in Thornhill (just north of Toronto) and also conducts workshops and demonstrations for art groups and schools across Ontario.


Bio

  Jill was born in Johannesburg, South Africa and immigrated to Canada in 1976. I received a B.A. degree in Speech and Hearing Therapy, from the University of the Witwatersrand, in 1974.

  She has been drawing and painting since childhood and have studied at the Ontario College of Art and Design (OCAD) and the Haliburton School of Fine Arts. I have also taken numerous workshops with many prominent artists, including: Margaret Roseman, Lila Lewis Irving, Brian Atyeo, Gerald Brommer, Mary Todd Beam.

  Jill presently teaches classes in watercolour and acrylic painting from my studio in Thornhill, Ontario - just a touch north of Toronto. I also conduct classes, workshops and demonstrations for art groups and schools across Ontario.
Character Statement

My hope as an artist is to connect with people through the visual images that I create, touching something deep within them.

For me, painting is a passion, an expression of the joy of life. My acrylic and mixed media paintings express my fascination with the natural beauty of the world around me. They are celebrations of all aspects of life, reflecting the inherent energy in and around us, and the interconnectedness of all things.

My style is bold, colourful and expressionistic, capturing the essence of the subject matter and producing for the viewer, a magical journey.


Background

In "Ocean Magic", Start pouring the paint one colour at a time ...

Connection

My connection was that this was a lighter piece compared to Wyland and Miller's artwork. I really liked that Jill uses acrylic in different ways and also incorporates watercolors into some her works as well. She is very taleneted and and it truly shows in her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment